The library offers courses to students at various levels. These courses can be booked by the teacher together with the contact librarian for the subject. As a teacher you may also order customized courses for students, or for a group of employees at University West.
Information retrieval is a matter of broaden or narrow your search by using various search techniques. The most common are
BEFORE you start searching it's important to choose a collection of relevant and correctly spellt keywords.
WHILE searching don't forget to use
What is plagiarism? And how do you avoid it? Take a look at The Interactive Anti-Plagiarism Guide created by Jönköping university!
You may not copy the entire content of a book or journal, but for private use it is permitted to copy:
Remember that you can ask the author to get permission to use copyrighted material. In connection with the request, tell the author that the text or image should be used in an academic context. Iit can make it easier to get permission.
Creative Commons helps you share your knowledge and creativity with the world.
Creative Commons develops, supports, and stewards legal and technical
infrastructure that maximizes digital creativity, sharing, and
A scientific original article usually consists of the following elements:
• Abstract - a short summary of the article that brings up aim, method, results and conclusions.
• Introduction - describes background information, aim and problem areas
• Methodology - here the method is thourougly described so the readers can follow and repeat the research process.
• Result - presentation of the research results, sometimes with tables, diagrams och figures.
• Diskussion -interpretation and evaluation of the results
• References - all documents that the author has referred to must be listed here
Ring 0520 - 22 34 10 eller maila email@example.com
Chatta med en bibliotekarie - vi svarar mellan kl. 10-17 alla helgfria vardagar under vår- och hösttermin.
Phone 0520 - 22 34 10 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Chat with a librarian - we are avaliable weekdays between 10 -17 o'clock during spring and autumn semester.