It is important that you understand what topic you are looking for and define keywords that describes your topic.
Keep in mind:
- inflected forms
In the databases, it is often useful to search for the keywords used in their index or thesarus.
The elements of a scientific article
A scientific paper includes the following elements:
- Abstract - a brief summary of the article that addresses purpose, methods, results and conclusion.
- Introduction - background information, aim and problem statements
- Method - describes the method used, so precisely that it is possible for the reader to follow and repeat the research process.
- Results - presentation of the results in text and optionally with tables, charts and figures.
- Discussion - this section discusses the research results and the principles, relationships, or generalizations which are certified by the study's results. Possible weaknesses in the study is discussed here.
- Reference list - all the documents that the author referred to of shall be included in the reference list.
The Interactive Anti-Plagiarism Guide
What is plagiarism? And how do you avoid it? Take a look at The Interactive Anti-plagiarism Guide created by Jönköping University!
Ring 0520 - 22 34 10 eller maila firstname.lastname@example.org
Chatta med en bibliotekarie - vi svarar mellan kl. 10-17 alla helgfria vardagar under vår- och hösttermin.
Contact the Library
Phone 0520 - 22 34 10 or e-mail email@example.com
Chat with a librarian - we are avaliable weekdays between 10 -17 o'clock during spring and autumn semester.